ITEM UPGRADING (PLUSSING/REFINING)
1. The Upgrade Cap
Upgrade Cap (Max Limit) for every equipment/weapon/defensive item is '+24' It doesn't matter what rumour you have heard, 24 is 24 and as 24, it's the limit.
2. Upgrading, master formula's.
- Upgrading itself will not cost you extra gold, but it requires master formulas. This scroll will upgrade your equipment by +1-3 to every item/weapon etc, that you wish to upgrade. It can be bought from the shop with moonstones, and gots 25 moonstones per 10.
- Scroll of reflection : This scroll is actually a 'downgrade' scroll, so you should use this very carefully, or you'll regret it. When the chance is very low and you wish to skip the level, use this scroll to downgrade 1 level and then use the master formula. For example, you're item is +11, you use a MF and it up's to +12. Use the SoR to lower to 11 and try upping again, hopefully from 11 you can then get +13 or +14.
3. Upgrading SUPPORT MS Items
- Serendipity potion : It is known to double the chance of upgrading success rate. Above +11 level, this item is almost essential, and we can't imagine getting over +16 level upgrades without this item! This can be purchased from the MS shop for 29 moonstones for 10.
- Survival tincture : It protects your equipment from getting destroyed by the blacksmith when it fails. The effect of this item(buff) will not disappear when you succeed, but it will vaporate when you fail upgrading (IMPORTANT). This can be purchased at the MS shop for 19 MS for 5. Always Use a Tinc
4. Upgrading Success Rate
Before you read this, I warn you that this isn't 100% accurate information, nor official.
This is based on me, and other players, mostly from opinions of experienced players.
RED means warning, and it is advised that chances are you WILL fail. (VERY IMPORTANT)
- 0 to +1 - +3 : (about 99%) Success rate = High
- +1 to +2 - +4 : (99%) Success rate = High
- +2 to +3 - +5 : (98%) Success rate = High
- +3 to +4 - +6 : (70%) Success rate = High
- +4 to +5 - +7 : (95%) Success rate = High
- +5 to +6 - +8 : (50-60%) Success rate = Medium
- +6 to +7 - +9 : (75%) Success rate = High
- +7 to +8 - +10 : (30-40%) Success rate = Below medium
- +8 to +9 - +11 : (70%) Success rate = High
- +9 to +10 - +12 : (10-20%) Success rate = Low
- +10 to +11 - +13 : (40%) Success rate = Below medium
- +11 to +12 - +14 : (30%) Success rate = Below medium
- +12 to +13 - +15 : (10%) Success rate = Very low
- +13 to +14 - +16 : (15-20%) Success rate = Low
- +14 to +15 - +17 : (5-10%) Success rate = Very low
- +15 to +16 - +18 : (10-20%) Success rate = Low
- +16 to +17 - +19 : (5%) Success rate = Very low
- +17 to +18 - +20 : (10-15%) Success rate = Low
- +18 to +19 - +21 : (5-10%) Success rate = Very low
- +19 to +20 - +22 : (10%) Success rate = Very low
- +20 to +21 - +23 : (5%) Success rate = Very low
- +21 to +22 - +24 : (2%) Success rate = Very low.
- +22 to +23 : (1%) Success rate = Almost impossible.
- +23 to +24 : (1%) Success rate = Almost impossible.
Please be aware that the numerice value for the upgrading success rate can never be certain, and may and can change at any given time.
Please also note that this "guide" is not set in stone and as such should not be relied upon for any upgrading you may do, this guide is only to point you in the right direction for what I have found to work for myself.
Awesome sig by Trixy